[aprssig] Re: How Much Antenna for PCSAT?

ka8vit at ka8vit.com ka8vit at ka8vit.com
Wed Aug 15 07:50:03 EDT 2007

Hey Steve,

Neat idea.  The hose clamps were quick, cheap and have
worked well.

73

Bill  KA8VIT

I thought he wanted it for a *moving* cycle !  Tape
measure'll hardly make the grade.

P.S.  you DON'T need the Hose clamps!  I put the tapes
inside the fittings and secured them with 1" pieces of
the pipe.  A little Deremel action is needed on the
inner stop to allow the tape to have a straight shot.
With the hairpin match inside, it is much more rugged
as well.  I sent Pix to QST, but haven't heard back
yet on pub.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Bill Chaikin, KA8VIT
USS COD Amateur Radio Club - W8COD