[aprssig] How Much Antenna for PCSAT?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 14 17:01:55 EDT 2007

> I've been trying to hit PCSAT with a D7.

Can be done, if PCSAT is alive and well. and you dont collide with anyone else in the same 10,000,000 square miles.

Even when PCSAT is nearly dead 9as usual), getting IN is not the problem.  It is that it does not have enough power to TRANSMIT the packet back.   So if you are actually using PCSAT, then listen by EAR for a response, and yuo might hear the first half-of-the-packet even though it cannot be decoded.

We are working to get ECHO (AO-51) and GO32 enbabled for 9600 baud APRS.

Bob, Wb4APR