[aprssig] D710 GPS Port

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Aug 14 13:55:48 EDT 2007

Bluetooth is nice for convenience (you're right about the complexity and
development cost, though) but in a situation where you need reliability,
I can't see adding more wireless links and batteries into the mix.
Yeah, cables can be a hassle, but at least you can standardize
connectors and fix things in the field.  In the middle of an emergency
response is the last time you want to be worrying about device pairing,
interference, and whether or not all of your peripheral batteries are
going to hold a charge.

Scott
N1VG