[aprssig] DIN vs DB9

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 20:55:41 EDT 2007

I am talking about all the extra mass floating around, why not put a
DIN Male on a short pigtail from the PCB and do away with the DB9M
on  the board and the DB9F and DIN male on the adapter cable.

Actually If you sold the board without the DB9 on it just pads for me
to solder the wires from the DeLuo I would buy a couple. I would take
the DeLuo Wire down to where the other are ziptied and either add a
zip tie or cut one of yours off and put another on to include  the
GPS Wire and then heat shrink it.

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/TheShoppe.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit