[aprssig] DIN vs DB9

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sun Apr 22 21:17:53 EDT 2007

On Apr 22, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Brian B. Riley wrote:

> I am talking about all the extra mass floating around,

Yep, that's an issue.  The big DB9 connector can be a pain (e.g. when
you're trying to put together a small, lightweight tracker for a
balloon.)  I was just pointing out that there are worse things than
big connectors.  Between some problems at work (computers in high-
density situations like server rooms) and at play (APRS mobile) I'm
getting a real dislike for non-locking connectors.

> Actually If you sold the board

I guess I should point out I'm not the Jason with the stuff for
sale.  I think he (Jason ke4something) and I (Jason kg4something)
have been confused before.  I know _I've_ been confused before. (:
sorry, it's been a long couple of days...

-Jason
kg4wsv