[aprssig] Weather questions

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 16:41:23 EDT 2007

Earl Needham wrote:
> At 10:18 AM 4/22/2007, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
>> Are you referring to receiving the actual bulletins , or to
>> downloading the shapefiles required to display them?
>> If the latter, I was not aware that there was any way to download
>> less than all of them.      The current shapefile download links are
>> on my website at:
>>
>>    < http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/get_nws_shapefiles.htm >
>
>         I must be thinking of something else -- I remember at one
> point downloading hundreds of files that took up many MB on the hard
> drive, just to get weather watches and warnings.  Maybe this is what
> was in use before we all went to the shapefiles???

The shapefiles do occupy about 40MB when unpacked, but you only download
a set of three ZIP file archives to cover the entire country.  The links
I cited in my previous post go directly to the three files required.
The same shapefile set works with UIview, APRSplus, Win/MacAPRS and
Xastir.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map