[aprssig] Announcing: New Products from RPC Electronics (Dayton Debuts)

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Sun Apr 22 14:02:19 EDT 2007

Folks, as everybody knows, Dayton is right around the
corner and I have a few new products that I will be
showing/selling there this year for the first time.

The first item is a power/data adapter for interfacing
the popular Deluo WAAS GPS receivers with Kenwood
D7/700 radios.  This is a simple adapter that accepts
the Deluo DB9 tracker adapter on one end.  The other
end has a 3' cable with a lighter plug and a 6' cable
with a pre-installed 3/32" (2.5mm) stereo plug pinned
for the Kenwood APRS radios.  I have locally sold 5 of
these to testers and so far they love them.  The
adapter comes built and encased in two layered of
high-temp heat shrink.  The price will be $25 per
adapter.  I am a Deluo reseller and will have the GPS
receivers as well.

Here is a picture of the adapter without it's heat
shrink cover:

http://www.rpc-electronics.com/img/newproducts/dkadpt.jpg

The second item is a Kantronics style TNC interface
kit for HT and mobiles that have combined PTT/TX Audio
lines and require an external capacitor and resistor.
The kit includes a tiny PCB that holds these parts and
gives you convienent solder pads for your cable
connections.  We even included pads for voltage in,
for the various tackers on the market.  The kit also
includes the 0.1uF capacitor, several common resistor
values for keying circuits and a black DB9 hood with
thrumbscrews and built-in strain relief.  Price will
be $12 per kit.

Picture:
http://www.rpc-electronics.com/img/newproducts/tncadpt.jpg

The third item is a simple RS-232 patching adapter.
This adapter is made to go inline with DB9 connectors
for making custom wire patching.  The adapter has two
rows of 0.1" spaced pins that can accept a standard
wire wrapping tool to make the wire patches.  This is
handy for making a null adapter in a pinch as well as
a whole host of other wiring schemes.  Price will be
$12 each.

Picture:
http://rpc-electronics.com/img/newproducts/rs232patcher.jpg

I will be at Dayton along with Argent Data Systems
(OpenTracker), Nichetronix (HamHUD) and APRSworld,
LLC.  Please come by and see us.  We will have lots of
great APRS products for you to check out.  Hope to see
everyone there!

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com