[aprssig] Prius

Amir Findling sarlabs at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 19 18:08:19 EDT 2007

Last weekend I was traveling with my wife near Philly PA. She has a
hybrid Toyota Highlander. I had a D7AG with a battery eliminator
connected to the cigarette plug, my Garmin 60CSx also connected to the
same plug and the cell phone connected to also the same plug plus a
short mag mount antenna on the roof. This system worked well and I the
grandchildren could follow our approach on the web. I received many
signals, as I was curious I did not set a range. I received your signal
too on Sunday towards noon but the weather was too bad to send anything.
I was just lucky I managed to glance at the D7 at the right time. We
were about 20 miles apart.

There was no interference, noise or otherwise problems with this setup.
Sure I was not drawing much power with the HT but since it was a less
than ideal setup, I thought you might want to know it worked well.

Good luck with the Prius.

73' de Amir K9CHP Member ARRL, AMSAT #36083
Cayuga County Highland SAR www.highlandsar.org <http://www.highlandsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>
Apprentice Tracker Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services
http://www.jhardin-inc.com