[aprssig] Prius

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 19 17:25:19 EDT 2007

There was some PRIUS discussion on the sig that I completely
ignored.

Last night my car blew up, and out of the blue, I am looking for
a used car for my APRS addiction, and I was surprised to find
PRIUS hybrids on the used market at comparable prices to other
used cars.

So what was the bottom line about PRIUS and APRS (and
particualarly, I am interested in the PLUG-IN conversions...)?
>From what I can tell, one would want a 2004 or later, since it
has a CAN-BUS serial bus that you can tap into with your laptop
and communiate with everything from the tailpipe to the engine.

Bob, WB4APR