[aprssig] APRS DOS

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Apr 1 17:51:35 EDT 2007

> VA3VA>APR852,WIDE2-2,qAo,VE3CTP:=4220.4NN/08256.3WW-> .../.../Ed in Windsor monitoring 145.470MHZ

Yes, apparently he entered his posit wrong as you point out.  APRSdos checks that the right number of characters are entered, but apprarently doesnt check to make sure the tenths digid is numeric.  If you have VA3VA's email, simply tell him to enter his posit as 4220.4 N and as 08256.3 W and he should show up fine.

Thanks!

Oh, and you migth remind him that the lastest APRSdos is versio 876 I think.  His version is several years old appraently...

Bob