[aprssig] APRS DOS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Apr 2 00:48:28 EDT 2007

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> > VA3VA>APR852,WIDE2-2,qAo,VE3CTP:=4220.4NN/08256.3WW-> .../.../Ed in
> > Windsor monitoring 145.470MHZ
>
> Yes, apparently he entered his posit wrong as you point out.  APRSdos
> checks that the right number of characters are entered, but apparently
> doesn't check to make sure the tenths digit is numeric.  If you have
> VA3VA's email, simply tell him to enter his posit as 4220.4 N and as
> 08256.3 W and he should show up fine. Thanks!
> Oh, and you might remind him that the latest APRSdos is version
> 876 I think.  His version is several years old apparently...

Thanks for the info. I don't have his email address but I'll rely your reply
back to the UI-View list where the original poster can pass along the info
about the position and also about version 876 to VA3VA. It was kind of a
"why doesn't this position report display in UI-View?" message.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH