[aprssig] Wi-Fi Positioning System (WPS) for APRS

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:31:16 EDT 2006

Netstumbler tells you were the Wi-Fi access points are at.  WPS tells
you where you are at based on signals from Wi-Fi access points.

WPS doesn't care what the SSID is.  It detects Wi-Fi systems
regardless of if they are broadcasting their SSID and records the MAC
address, which rarely changes.

Yes, Wi-Fi is changing and will require the area to be redriven at a later date.

I rarely ever, am unable to detect a Wi-Fi signal with the scanning
device that I'm using.

--
John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas