[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Fri Oct 20 10:07:35 EDT 2006

Jason Winningham wrote:
> I've been speculating to myself that maybe we don't have enough  digis.
> If we got the existing digis down to a reasonable HAAT,  thereby
> reducing the cell size, and added more digis we might get  both better
> coverage and better control of the traffic. 3000' HAAT  may be great for
> a voice repeater, but I suspect it isn't all that  great for a digital
> network node.

If the digis are all configured with dwait=0 and other appropriate settings so
that they all digi, immediately and in unison, more digis, in general, are a
good thing.  Without proper configuration, more digis might just result in a
continuous follow the leader, continuous QRMing of the area.

Gregg Wonderly