[aprssig] iGate software

Jim jim at stuckinthemud.org
Thu Oct 19 17:03:43 EDT 2006

As far as I can tell (and from my experiences last week), UI-View gives up
if the connection to the server is lost for any period of time (minutes). It
tries to reconnect once, then gives up if it can't.

The system was UPS protected and no known outages during the period.
Everything is set to auto-start anyway! The internet connection is known to
be occasionally flaky with resets happening, but I would have expected the
software to deal with it by trying more than once.

My reason for looking at other solutions was wanting something that was more
aggressive and persistent at reconnecting when then connection comes back
up.

Jim