[aprssig] iGate software

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Thu Oct 19 17:21:34 EDT 2006

"Jim" <jim at stuckinthemud.org>, Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:03:43 +0100:

>As far as I can tell (and from my experiences last week), UI-View gives up
>if the connection to the server is lost for any period of time (minutes). It
>tries to reconnect once, then gives up if it can't.

My experience with UI-View is that it reconnects to the APRS server as
soon as the Internet connection is up again (as long as the server
hasn't lost its power; I do not power from a UPS). It's running on a
Win2kServer here, the way to the Internet is via a router and a
broadband modem. You'll have to check the "Enable Auto-connect" box in
Setup - APRS Server Setup.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway