[aprssig] iGate software

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 16:12:33 EDT 2006

Jim wrote:

> I'm looking for alternative iGate software.
>
> My first venture into this area has been with UI-View and, whilst
> being good when it's connected, is poor at recovering from internet
> link dropouts.
>
> My application is for an unattended station, so I'm looking for
> something that is robust and reliable.
>
> Map display is not needed, just something that will push packets
> between the Internet and RF based on the usual iGate rules.
>
> I'm not a Linux person, so must be something that is Windows based.
>

> Can anyone make any recommendations?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Jim

Jim, the only time I drop off the servers, is my router acts up.. Even
that would get you too... Are you using the rotate.aprs2.net server, and
have Auto reconnect in UI-View/APRS Server setup enabled?

I know I've seen dos-based digi programs, can't for the life of me
remember their names, sorry...

Robbie