[aprssig] D700 GPS connection

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Tue Oct 3 15:15:18 EDT 2006

> > the same features, and has 12V and 5V outputs.  ;-)
>
> Sounds like a feature request for the APO4 - how about it, Jim?  =]  It'd
> probably still be cheaper than the Power Tamer.

And an external sense, please. I prefer to connect my radios
direct to the battery (or close to it), but use the ACC circuit
to switch them on and off. It would be awesome if something like
the AP04 would use the external sense as well as the battery
voltage... and yes, provide 5V @ 1W :-)

Those Astrodyne DC/DC units are very sweet looking! Any idea how well
they deal with the wide voltage swings in old generator/regulator
vehicles? My "battery" voltage sometimes dips to 9V, which plays
havoc with a few things that want "12V" in.

73 de chris K6DBG