[aprssig] Preparing for a long roadtrip

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Mon May 29 14:11:22 EDT 2006

<snip>

> I tend to agree with Bob, and I would make your
> path as WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2 as your path.
<snip>

I tend to agree with Bob too, except that those "wilderness" areas are
really rather rare.  There are places where no digipath will work (no VHF
network coverage) but the places where two hops won't and 3 hops will are
rare indeed.   I'd use the standard routine (for a mobile station)
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 instead of any 3-hop path.

But about any VHF path is fine _while_ the operator is watching the packets
scroll by at the keyboard.
73, Cap KE6AFE