[aprssig] APRS Bulletin by region

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sat May 27 22:18:32 EDT 2006

> Bill,
> I would think that any kind of bulletins-to RF might be
> pandora's box.  There are 30,000 people that can
> generate bulletins on the APRS-IS.  Opening up IS-to-RF
> wormholes for Bulletins couild be a disaster.

Could be.  Like much else of what we do, relying on education and
semi-reasonable operators should be enough.  SUPLISTing would always be an
option for the extremes...

I think this is one of those areas where the usefulness and sometimes
extreme usefulness outweigh the potential risks.

It also doesn't have to be on for all Igates - maybe a controlled few.

The lack ( or my perception thereof??) of actual human operation is
another factor that both suggests it would be a good thing as well as not
so much abused.

Hmmm.   Maybe the regional and state special destinations already covers
this:

  wa7nwp>xxx:MD      :Lock up your beer, k7gps is heading your way.

or

   wa7nwp>xxx:BLN1MD  :any white castle's in your area?

> I am open to suggestions, but it sure is like playing with
> a nuclear option...

Agreed.

Bill