[aprssig] APRS Bulletin/Announcement Format?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 27 09:19:18 EDT 2006

>>> Curt Mills <archer at eskimo.com> 05/26/06 11:40 PM >>>
>> But I wonder how you display it?  Overwriting and replacing only
>> makes sense if the "Bulletin DIsplay" is a fixed "window" that
>> retains all active bulletins, sorts them by call and by line nummber.
>
>We have a View->Bulletin window that shows all bulletins we've
>received.  It can be set to pop up on new bulletins, and in fact
>that's the default.  It doesn't sort the way you describe, as far as
>I recall....

Great!
The original APRS always displayed all active bulletins and
announcments on a virtual "bulletin board" sorted by sender
and then by line number.  THus, The sender could edit, change,
delete individual lines in his bulletins and announcements.
And Everyone would always see the same "virtual bulletin board"
just like everyone else was seeing.

Further, the same person's active bulletins would also appear
generally in the same area of the board (due to the sorting
by callsign).  This also facilitates rapid-at-a-glance human
to human communications by pre-conditioning viewers where
to look for typical information from the usual contributors.

If someone on your team would consider an update to make
your code support this original fundamental concept, it
would facilitate cross platform information exchange during
important operations.  Sounds like you are close...

Bob, WB4APR