[aprssig] APRS Bulletin/Announcement Format?

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sat May 27 11:59:52 EDT 2006

Speaking of bulletins...

I'd suggest we need to visit the IGATE systems and the technology to gate
bulletins from TCPIP stations (not TCPXX) to RF.   Getting information to
stations on RF is what this is all about.   Back at the 2001 quake here in
Seattle I was monitoring a voice repeater and generating bulletins with
the info I heard.  Unfortunately, since I as on a net station and not on
RF, my announcements were never transmitted.   I think that's an issue
that should be addressed.

I'm doing some minor battle with APRSD right now to open up a the rules a
bit on gating BULLETINS to RF.  How does that work with the other Igate
systems?

73
Bill - WA7NWP