[aprssig] TT3 ISS path

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:12:36 EDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> If someone is cluttering the
> terrestrail network by digipeating them from ISS over to APRS<

Hmm...  One of your APRS documents recommends that D700 mobiles
digipeat packets from ISS over to 144.39 so that Igates will pick up
the packets for delivery to findu.  You have been advocating this
"cluttering".  That is where I got the idea.  Have you changed your
mind about this now?  I have a web page on my site explaining how to
do this:

http://aj3u.com/aprs/aj3u-10.php

If it should not be done, I would like to know why.  It seems like a
perfectly good idea to me and I have not seen any adverse affects.
When done properly, it does not "clutter" the network at all.

> then the RS0ISS will not have a * and will not show up ont he
> www.ariss.net page.

Check the www.ariss.net page and you will see many paths using
RS0ISS-3,SGATE,WIDE2-2  and they show correctly as RS0ISS-3* ...

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com