[aprssig] DXCluster to APRS-RF

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu May 18 10:35:06 EDT 2006

A very good way of putting DX Spots on APRS radio is though the use of
M0CYP's UI-DX Bridge.  His page is at http://welcome.to/uiview

With the right set of filter commands you can command AR-Cluster or
DXSpider to deliver to you only spots originated from a specific list of
states.  By spotters state is as fine control as I am aware of.  You can
also limit spots by band, so for example to restrict spots to HF only.

UI-DX Bridge allows you to specify the path for your UI packets.  I only
want these locally, so I use a path of NULL, i.e. the actual call is the
4 characters NULL.  This is not recognized by any area digipeater thus
these packets are never repeated.  I can only get by with putting DX
Packets on 144.39 because the area traffic is so light up here in NW
Minnesota.  You wouldn't want to do this in a busy area, of course you
could use another frequency if that were the case.

Ron Stordahl N5IN