[aprssig] DXCluster to APRS-RF

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu May 18 09:25:04 EDT 2006

> >Has anybody (yet - grin) built a DXCluster stream to
> >APRS RF script? ...  smart enough to allow filtering...
> >[to]  local postings...
>
> How about a ham radio.
> It listens to the local cluster and spots...
>
> Though of course it still has to filter...
> Bob

That would be ideal.  The problem is the 3 WWA clusters I
know of are all over 70 miles from here and we'd have to
go through Mt Rainier to get to two of them.

The beauty of Internet Technology (tcp/ip) is that once
it's working, it can be used either on the web for convenient
access or, if one is really sadistic, via AX25 and the
functionality works the same.  The multi-layer networking
model really does work.

Then again, does anybody know of HF DXclusters?

Bill