[aprssig] K107 - 4800 baud LCD displays

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Wed May 17 15:11:42 EDT 2006

Since my posts the other day about the k107 Serial LCD controller I
have fielded several queries about the input baudrate.

The k107 serial lcd controller operates on a fixed input baudrate of
9600 baud via the internal USART of the PIC 16F648A. However my
source for the controller chips does offer other baudrates for small
surcharge. if I were to order a sufficient quantity of chips at 4800
baud I could get them to make available at  maybe a dollar or so
increase in price, maybe even less.

4800 baud would allow it to be used as a simple readout on a GPS.
[obligatory APRS connection ;-) ]

This then begs the question. Is there a sufficient interest for me to
pursue the issue? Please drop me a line <n1bq at wulfden.org> , off
list, if you might be interested in a K107 in 4800 baud, this is not
a committment, just a simple survey of level of interest.

I also have had some queries about a "more complete" kit to include a
display as well. I have located some used but in near new shape 2x24
non-backlit displays, that I should have in hand the end of this week
or early next week. I plan to "bundle' these with complete kits for
an additional $6. There are pictures of these 2x24s on the website.
I will make an announcement when they are in hand. The K107 complete
info and ordering is at

          <http://www.wulfden.org/k107/>

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
  <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 LCD Controller Kit
       FT817 Power Conditioner Kit