[aprssig] APRS at Dayton

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun May 14 20:19:19 EDT 2006

> I don't know what the plans are for this year; I know that the Dayton
> Microcomputer Association is managing wired drops to booths (for a
> fairly hefty fee), but I don't know if anyone is going to
> turn that into
> Wi-Fi.

How hefty?  How do I get in touch with them?  And how is anyone supposed to
find out about it?

For such a large and well-established event, I'm really not impressed with
the organization.  Mail to all of their email addresses was bouncing for
days, it took weeks to get a booth assignment and when I did I only got
assigned one booth when I'd paid for two, and roughly half of my inquiries
(including all those about Internet access) have been completely ignored.
The website is downright awful.  Considering that they must take in better
than a million bucks a year in tickets, exhibit booths, and flea market
spaces, you'd think they could afford to spend a couple grand on a decent
website.

Scott
N1VG