[aprssig] APRS at Dayton

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun May 14 18:11:14 EDT 2006

scott at opentrac.org said the following on 05/14/2006 05:34 PM:
> Speaking of Dayton, has there been wireless Internet available in the
> exhibit area in the past?  I can't get an answer out of the organizers.
> It'll make a difference in the sort of demos I'll be doing.

Last year a couple of groups (including TAPR) sponsored wireless in at
least part of the exhibit area.  Unfortunately, it didn't work too well
for reasons I never fully discovered.

I don't know what the plans are for this year; I know that the Dayton
Microcomputer Association is managing wired drops to booths (for a
fairly hefty fee), but I don't know if anyone is going to turn that into
Wi-Fi.

73,
John