[aprssig] Re: Pocket PC

R. Wittner rmw at rwa-inc.com
Mon May 8 22:40:01 EDT 2006

> As far as I know though there is no longer support for APRS/CE
> and thus no more activations so you have to enter your station
> information each time. But has worked well here over RF as well
> as connecting to internet feed through cell phone connection....
> with the exception of lack of local/detailed maps.
>
> Nick
> KF4BYA

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.  :-)

APRS/CE is still being supported.  Check http://www.tapr.org/~aprsce/ to
register.

The crummy website you see there is about to be replaced - I hired an intern
to design a new site, and the mock-ups he's sent me are 10x better than
anything that I have time to do.

There are two items on the plate for Dayton.

The first is an update to APRS/CE to add a few enhancements that folks have
been asking for.

The other big project I'm finishing up is a map editor.  It seemed like
something that had been absent from the APRS toolbox for ages, so I took it
upon myself to tackle it.  You'll be able to take a look at it at Dayton.
So far it's able to read and write Win/MacAPRS and PocketAPRS maps.  You can
add and move polygons, change their properties, move individual points, add
points, etc.  You can add and move symbols and labels, change their
properties, etc.  It supports unlimited undo and redo, has full support for
the clipboard, and you can have multiple maps open in a "tabbed" interface
with cut, copy and paste between each map.  What I'm working on now is the
TIGER data import and being able to drop a bitmap on the edit canvas for
"tracing" purposes.  I'm pretty excited about getting it finished.

My SIG subscription is in digest mode, so there will be a delay before I
respond to any postings here...

73,

   -Rob WG5Q