[aprssig] Stolen Items

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Mon May 8 00:55:39 EDT 2006

Please be on the lookout for some more stolen ham radio equipment as listed
below.

The ELWHA packet digi on one of the mountains near Port Angeles, WA went off
the air early this year.  Bruce K7IDX who put up this digi a couple of years
ago for use by all hams in our area went up there a couple of weeks ago to
check out the winter damage to his digi and to convert it over to an APRS
digi.  Much to his dismay, he did not find any damaged equipment.  HE DID
NOT FIND ANY OF HIS EQUIPMENT AT THE SITE!  Someone stole the entire setup
including the 50 Watt Solar Panel.  So here we go again, we just lost
another digi forever!  Besides his ham radio equipment, this commercial site
has been burglarized three times so far this year and lots of commercial
stuff was also stolen!

So, please keep your eyes open for the listed equipment below.  I know it is
a pipe dream but if they are stupid enough to hit the same site three times
in short order, maybe they are stupid enough to try to fence this equipment
to a ham who has read this message.

Thanks,

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator