[aprssig] I'm gonna drill.... NMO GPS?

David Rush yahoo at davidarush.com
Thu May 4 09:16:18 EDT 2006

Good tip about the side-curtain airbags.  Shouldn't be a problem on this
'97 SUV (Jeep Cherokee), which only has the front air bags.  I'll
definitely pop the dome light to see what I can, and also make sure I
don't drill through any bracing in the roof.

While I'm at it... does anyone know of a decent but inexpensive GPS
receiver that'll mount in a 3/4 NMO-size hole?  I know there are a
number of GPS antennas that have an NMO mount, but they cost more and
are much bigger than my all-in-one Deluo receivers!

I wonder how silly a little "radome" for my Deluo would look, made out
of PVC plumbing parts screwed into a 3/4 inch hole the roof.  That
probably wouldn't pass the spouse-approval phase. ;^)  Never mind....

David, ky7dr