[aprssig] I'm gonna drill....

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Thu May 4 00:22:12 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, David Rush <yahoo at davidarush.com> wrote:
> Any tips on installing it?  I'm particularly concerned about doing

You have received some great tips already, so I won't rehash them, but
I will say that you are making a smart move in my opinion!  Your
performance will be better and the installation will look great.  The
NMO mount was designed for this purpose and it is self sealing so
water leakage and rust is not a problem.

If it is a newer vehicle, beware of side curtain airbags that are
installed around the sides of the headliner.  One trick I have learned
is to remove the dome light and if you are lucky you can drill your
hole right there without having to remove the headliner at all.

Good luck!

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com