[aprssig] OLD vs NEW

James kb7tbt at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:35:37 EDT 2006

I have a question that maybe some of you would say is simply silly but I
need
it answered, so lets see if you all can teach a old dog a new trick.

As far as I understand the reasoning for the new WIDEn-n is to prevent the
abuse and packet flooding by ignorant 7-7's and so fourth.

Now I have seen all this chatter about 1-1 and 1-2 and how digi's dont
understand it, my question is simply "why?"

For years now I have simply used WIDE2-2 on all my paths, 3 or 4 years ago I
went across country with the same path and it worked just fine with the
exception of the "dead" areas at the time.

So as I see it old or new setups should still accept the wide2-2 path, in
our state that is the basic recommended path other then AZ2-2 but of course
that's special to the state.

Am I missing something here or do we have our "stuff" together better then
the rest?

KB7TBT
http://www.kb7tbt.com
DM33

Google: What Starts In Beta Stays In Beta!