[aprssig] APRS path in Western PA....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 2 14:22:40 EDT 2006

>...trip to Cincinnati and back ... running WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2. ..
> FINDU could only see  hits close to the philly area to just
>east of Lancaster, PA then nothing until... Cincinnati.
>it appears that digi's east of Lancaster , along the PA
>turnpike, along I 70 through W. VA and Eastern Ohio
>are NOT up with the new paradigm WIDEn-n.

Yes, a big problem area.  In western PA  it is impossible
to figure out what's out there because so few are using
the New-N paradigm recommendations... Thus, one cannot
even tell what they are!  And everyone from the
midatlantic states has to go through there on the way
to dayton!

KC8YJJ-2, toronto OH, UIview, no overlay, no user info
W3YNI-1 Murrsyville, UIview, no PHG, no user info
KB3KGP-2,cannonsberg,UIview, no PHG, no Overlay, no user info
N0VLR-2, E.Washington, UIview, no PHG, No Overlay
N3SH-2, Washington, no type, no overlay, no user data
WF8X-4, no type, old-N, no user info
WF8X-6, no type, no PHG, no overlay, no user info
KB8CVP-7, no type, old-N, no PHG, no user info
N3LZX-9, no type, no overlay, no userinfo (Xdigi)
W3ND-2, Harrisonburg, old-N, no type, no user info

Only ONE that I can find  in all of western PA includes
the simple New-N  fundamentals:
1) An overlay "S" showing it has been upgraded
2) PHG info so users can tell the big digis from the useless ones
3) User info of the receommended paths (ie,"W3,WPAn")
4) Using the APNxxx type indicator to show type of TNC

Without that info, it is impossible to plan your trip.
Bob, Wb4APR