[aprssig] APRS coverage in France

Gerhard F5VAG f5vag at nerim.net
Tue May 2 17:26:30 EDT 2006

Bruce,

The coverage is good in Paris and in Brittany. Between the two regions
is currently a big black whole with 100km+ without coverage. In Brittany
is at present no permanent IGATE, as far as I can see. At daytime there
are often one or two. However, there are some IGATEs on the other side
of the channel which are always active.

When I drive through the countryside I use RELAY,TRACE3-3 because in
some parts of the country the density of APRS digis is much greater
than the density of IGATEs.

The frequency is 144.800 as in most parts of Europe. The beacon interval
is as everywhere.

--
73 de Gerhard, F5VAG / DL7MW
france.aprs2.net