[aprssig] KISS mode definition request

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Mon May 1 18:02:39 EDT 2006

Dang, now how am I going to network all the VAXen in my garage?  (got a
VAX-6000, couple of microVAXen, and two VAXstations...)

Come to think of it, I HAVE used a 1200 baud Bell modem on a VAX, but it was
running AUTODIN, not DECnet...

While we're (marginally) on the subject, does anyone have thoughts (or good
references) on FEC design for use with AFSK over FM?  FEC using
convolutional coding and/or concatenated Reed-Solomon coding with baseband
modulation is pretty straight forward (or well-studied anyway), but things
get a little more murky with AFSK.  I haven't found any reference on the
subject yet.  Seems like you'd at least get different types of errors than
with baseband modulation.

Scott
N1VG

  _____