[aprssig] Favorite Tracker

David Rush yahoo at davidarush.com
Mon May 1 14:36:00 EDT 2006

What 2m mobile rigs on the market today are folks' favorites for
building trackers?  I need to build another one, probably using an old
TinyTrakII I have, but need another radio to dedicate to it.

Priorities are:
Inexpensive ($150-ish new or less)
Easy to wire (no RJ-45 mic connectors to wire to, 6-pin DIN would be good)
Compact (like the old Icom IC-229H or Yaesu FT-1500M)
Lockable keypad
25 watts or more
I'd prefer a connector at the rear for the TinyTrak, rather than the mic
in front and speaker in the rear.

I want something I can build up, install, and forget about.

The Alinco DR-135 is a bit on the big side, but the supposed DB9 on the
back is appealing.

David, ky7dr