[aprssig] Best way to hookup Garmin 276c

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Sun Mar 26 16:42:42 EST 2006

I just got a Garmin 276c and I don't have it yet, but I want to get the
right cables ordered.   I know it comes with the USB cable and I bought
Mapsource v7.0 to load it.  It also comes with 010-10513-00 which has bare
wires for data, power and audio.  I really want the audio and this would
require external speaker, but I like the idea of using the speaker in the
cigarette lighter adapter.

So my question is, can you use both 010-10514-00 the mini garmin connector
to DB9 and the 010-10512-00 power adapter with speaker somehow?

What I need is audio, power, data for APRS (NMEA output) and USB to
laptop/mobile computer.

Best ways found out there?

Mike
Kb8zgl