[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types, alternatives

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Mar 24 12:28:31 EST 2006

> > With the AUTO proposal, on the other hand, I can keep using the same
> > paths I use now, but add AUTO to the end.  If I drive into an area that has
> > an AUTO setting defined, it drops the static part of my path and substitutes
> > the recommended path.  If it's not supported, things continue as normal.
>
> A message someone else brought up earlier mentioned the class of
> people wanting only to get to an igate.  Perhaps AUTO and IGATE as
> options?

Been configured here (REGION/WORLD/IGATE...) in a couple digi_ned
systems for what, 3?, years.

With the new WIDEn-N paradigm, it's not really needed.

Since the last time 'paths' came up, the real world has advanced to
where it's possible to download and watch the latest episode
of Battlestar Galactica on an Ipod and maybe even a cell phone
the day after it first airs.

I guess discussing paths gives us something to do until October
when BG season 3 begins.   I wonder what leaps in technology the
real world will have by then...

Baaack to burning season 2 to DVD..

Bill