[aprssig] Kenwood D7AG battery options ?

Rich Mulvey aprs at mulveyfamily.com
Wed Mar 15 11:39:49 EST 2006

Brian Riley wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:57 AM, Andrew Rich wrote:
>
>> Gudday
>>
>> Seems my PB-39 battery pack has given up the ghost.
>>
>> What options are around for a battery pack for a Kenwood D7A APRS HT ?

   When mine died, I got the 9.6V/1100mah pack from WW Associates (
http://www.wwassociates.com ), along with the UC-1 charger.

   The pack works fine, and lasts all day in my usage,  though I find WW
a bit annoying.  First they "lost" my web order ( and yet managed to
call me to tell me that they had lost it ).  Also, there's no email
confirmation of orders, and it wasn't clear until I got the pack that it
didn't fit the standard PB-39 belt clip, so I needed to make *another*
order to get a clip compatible with their pack.  And the clips are
$10.00 each, in spite of not being made out of gold.

- Rich