[aprssig] Kenwood D7AG battery options ?

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Wed Mar 15 09:48:46 EST 2006

I have owned 2 THD7's for years, I got the first a month after they
came out and the second was one of the first THD7A(G). The Kenwood
PB-39 batteries run  the gamut from OK to awful. Most of them seem
doomed to a relatively early death as both of mine did years ago. I
had recommended to me the Maha NiMH PB-39 replacements, by a friend.
There are two models

MH-PB-39H - 6Volts @ 1800 mah
                       <http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?
idProduct=300>

MH-PB-39  -  9.6Volts @ 1050 mah
                       <http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?
idProduct=299>

Personally I went for the 6v/1800mah ... you only get a bit over 3
watts out instead of five watts but the battery seems to run forever
and frankly I see little difference in the two watts less. It seems
like if 3 watts won't get out five doesn't have much better chance.

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <n1bq at wulfden.org>