[aprssig] APRS/CE Development & Compatibility?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 14:33:32 EST 2006

schiers at netins.net wrote:
> Some questions about APRS/CE Development and Compatibility
>
> 1. Will it run on a Dell Axim X51v 624Mhz ?

Unknown

> 2. Does it support connection to the APRS servers via the X51v's
> 802.11b capabilitites?

If this appears as a normal TCP/IP "virtual Ethernet" connection, it
should work.   APRSce supports normal IP-based APRS server connections.

> 3. Is APRS/CE still being developed/supported?

As far as I know,  NO .   There hasn't been any change for over two
years now.   As a result, it doesn't support the current APRS symbol set
or overlays.

> 4. Are there any other aprs clients for the Pocket PC (specifically
> compatible to the X51v0?

NO .

> I'm thinking of getting one of the Axim's as my other two PDA's are
> really long in the tooth.
>
> Suggestions? (Please don't tell me to get a laptop...I already have
> one and don't want another)
>
> 73,
>
> ...hasan, N0AN

[ I am a registered owner of APRSce and have mostly run it on an HP
Jornada 540 connected to a TH-D7, along with a Garmin ForeTrex wrist GPS. ]

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths

Updated APRS Symbol Chart