[aprssig] WIDEn-N 'Decay Sequence'

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Mon Jun 19 13:52:45 EDT 2006

"VE7GDH" <ve7gdh at rac.ca>, Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:43:01 -0700:

>I and others have already mentioned it, but just a note. You will find
>references to RELAY and WIDE in the D700 manual, but they are obsolete. The
>D700 manual will be around for a while but there are very few digipeaters
>that respond to RELAY or just plain WIDE. The big problem with RELAY and
>WIDE is that there was no dupe checking.

However, the references to RELAY and WIDE in D700-manuals aren't
obsolete outside North America.
Some have been trying to "new-paradigmize" parts of Europe, but I get
was it 2-2? Don't remember right now) in the area where I travel most,
and I have set MYALIAS in my fill-in digipeater as RELAY _and_ WIDE1-1
in order to give casual travellers e.g. in boats or cars a lift-off to
more regional digis.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway