[aprssig] APRS and Field Day question...

Eric Weber webmanou812 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 20:38:15 EDT 2006

Hello gang,

I read the APRS Field day 2006 guideline...(granted a
cached version....)
But it states:
The general PATH for Field Day 2006 is UNPROTO APRSFD
VIA TEMP1-1,TEMP7-7.

The Frequency for Field Day (if available in your
area) is 145.01 the national packet frequency...

Ok, dumb-new-kid-around-half-the-block question....

There is a packet node on 145.01 in the area....so,
which other frequency would I use?

Can I set up my home system to listen on the FD-APRS
frequency, and re-digi it to 144.39? Or does it need
to hit an I-gate?

A start of many questions......
Did I mention this is my first Field Day?????

one week away....plenty of time!

73's and thanks in advance for the help.

Eric
kc0ahk
(home, -9car,-13suburban)