[aprssig] APRS and Field Day question...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jun 17 20:59:51 EDT 2006

>The Frequency for Field Day (if available in your
>area) is 145.01 the national packet frequency...
>
>There is a packet node on 145.01 in the area....so,
>which other frequency would I use?

Here's how I see it:

The BBS will probably not  be in use 100% dutycycle during
Field Day.  And your station will not add any more
than say 1% load to the channel.  I dont think that that 1%
increase will bother the BBS that much for this one day...

Lets say three of you beacon once every 5 minutes during FD.
That is 3 seconds out of every 300 or about 1%.   Not much.

Hope that helps.
Bob