[aprssig] Preliminary delayed packet analysis

mconner at aer.com mconner at aer.com
Thu Jun 15 13:28:02 EDT 2006

Hi Wes,

I've been a little hesitant to post a list publicly, mainly because the problem comes and goes over the course of several days, and this dataset is > 1 week old.  Many of them stopped sending dupes even by the end of the week's archive (system reboot?).  I'd hate to put out a "bad-boy" list that wasn't accurate anymore.

It would be interesting for someone to work on a Perl script that would perform the appropriate filtering and comparisons and report out IGates sending dupes in near-real-time, sort of like K4HG's error page - show a list of IGate callsigns and the number of "late" packets they've injected in the system in the last few hours.  One or two wouldn't be cause for concern, but if you saw 10 or more  that might lead you to check the IGate's performance.  I'm a real amateur Perl programmer - I use it mostly as a replacement for csh scripts on Solaris at work.

73 de Mark N9XTN

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:06:27 -0700
From: Wes Johnston <wes at kd4rdb.com>

Good work!!  Could you post the callsigns of the igates that do delay and perhaps the owners can figure out what their stations have in common?

Wes