[aprssig] Re: TIGER maps what-s the problem?

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Jun 13 17:51:55 EDT 2006

I would also recommend using third-party packets for Rhinos because of
this reason (9 character "callsign") and because they are not on the
APRS network.  In other words, use something like RHINO* for their
network indicator instead of TCPIP*.  We are doing this with the D-STAR
radios and it works well (DSTAR*).  An IGate for a RHINO network might
be the gate symbol with an R overlay (we are using the gate symbol with
a D overlay for a D-STAR IGate)?

I believe we have confirmed that all current APRS display software
allows for any 9 character callsigns in 3rd-party packets in a previous
thread.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net