[aprssig] Re: TIGER maps what-s the problem?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 13 16:33:51 EDT 2006

>>> wes at kd4rdb.com 06/13/06 3:07 PM >>>
>I suppose another option would be to truncate the names of
>the rino radios to 6 characters and send them as regular aprs
>Base91 compressed position reports.

Or send them as 3rd party with a full 9 character name.

This may or may not work depending on how the client
software treats a 3rd party pcaket.  APRSdos will receive the
full 9 character name just fine.   Probaby most others will
too, but be sure to check it before committing to this
approach.

The only thing that REQUIRES a callsign to be 6 characters
+ SSID is a transmitting TNC.  On receipt, most software
may not be so picky...

bob, Wb4APR