[aprssig] earthquakes?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Jun 12 15:56:51 EDT 2006

> I'd rather see the cutoff back at 3.0 (we can feel those) and let that Mt.
> Saint Helens watcher use firenet.  hi

We use the earthquake info ON THE AIR and it's fascinating to watch
what's happening in the back yard.  Since this is a real relevant
use for APRS and Ham Radio, I'd hope EVERYBODY is gating the earthquake
objects in their area to RF.

I'd love to see it cut from 2.5 to 2.0.  There still aren't very
many and that's just enough activity to keep the system working
and tested.

Hmmm. It's not going to be hard to screen scrape this page:

  http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/Quakes/quakes0.html

That'll give me data down to 1.0.  Yum!

While it might be useful to start mining the vast info on Firenet, I'd
like to put off having to do that until we get the 9k6 (or wifi)
broadcast system going..

73
Bill - WA7NWP