[aprssig] earthquakes?

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Mon Jun 12 16:30:54 EDT 2006

Bill Vodall wrote:

>>I'd rather see the cutoff back at 3.0 (we can feel those) and let that Mt.
>>Saint Helens watcher use firenet.  hi
>>

>We use the earthquake info ON THE AIR and it's fascinating to watch
>what's happening in the back yard.  Since this is a real relevant
>use for APRS and Ham Radio, I'd hope EVERYBODY is gating the earthquake
>objects in their area to RF.
>
>I'd love to see it cut from 2.5 to 2.0.  There still aren't very
>many and that's just enough activity to keep the system working
>and tested.

I have made a plugin for UI-View displaying all quakes above 2.0
Even smaler quakes are interesting if you ask me.

There is lots of smal quakes along the west coast of Norway. So for me
interesting.
But the real value are magnitude 2 and higher. And hey we get som useful
information on the APRS net :o)

LA3QMA