[aprssig] Delayed packets

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 6 09:16:40 EDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Wes johnston wrote:

> Although it is difficult to prove, this delayed delivery of a packet seems
> to always revolve around the UI-View client.

Very difficult to prove, considering it isn't true!  ;-)

I know of at least one Xastir client that has had the same sorts of
difficulty, gating things in either direction late.  It appears to
be a function of that particular machine 'cuz I don't recall hearing
of others that do it.  Never figured out why it does it on that one,
which is owned by a nearby friend of mine.

> running uiview in our area to stop igating and the problem went away for us.
> Please let us know what you find.  Unfortunately, we all know the chances of
> fixing this....

Because the author is SK?  Yea, but I thought all of UI-View's ills
could be fixed with a plug-in...  More than likely somebody will
write a plug-in to replace the igate functionality if it's possible
to do that particular piece with the plug-in API.  I've come to the
conclusion that people won't ever let UI-View die a natural death.
More than likely people will keep older Windows versions around
after newer Windows releases make it obsolete, just to run UI-View.